Friday, March 10, 2006

Losing patience

I'm losing patience. I don't have a picture that represents "angry" so we'll just go with this one. Kinda scary, huh? Never a good day when I see this.....
.......and again, today has highs and lows. What IS this with my life? I suppose I need to be thankful for the HIGHS because I have been there when I was hard pressed to find any good in my life (or at least in my attitude).
My Mr got a great award today. Celebration for his global project. Dang, he's a good boy!
But then L came home with tales of woe and what happened last PM. I've got one nerve left and she's standing on it (read that on a t-shirt once and it sure is a good description of many many situations).

I think I am going to run away. Really. But then I remember I really AM going to run away. So I might as well just wait! Ha! That's pretty funny. How many moms get to run away on a GOOD scenerio. Hey, just to give credit to the bad ones----IT IS SO EASY TO UNDERSTAND SOMETIMES!!

I remember when my children were small. And I would want to just beat them! I'd imagine putting them in some cushy chairs, sticking duct tape over their mouths and then using some good rope or twine to tie them around and around like in the westerns. Then I could just go take a nap or something. Now----I never did such a thing, so no worries, but every now and then I would wish that it wasn't so socially unacceptable! :-)

Worse, my favorite wish was automobile cattle prods in individual seats of my minivan. You know, stuck up under the seat cushion. Then, with a simple grid on my dash, representing each seat, I would not have to threaten to pull over and give some offending child a spanking. Rather, I could calmly warn ---and if there was not the adaquate response--ZAP! A big shocker to the booty.
No, instead I had to rely on pulling over and actually spanking some child about once every 18 months---because by then they had forgotten that I meant it---so it became neccessary. And it didn't have to be any big deal of a spanking, just the whole drama of it sort of got them back in line. My children were not the comatose type, but they weren't wild Indians, either. Everyone needs a little craziness to make life fun--but if Mom has a headache WATCH OUT!!

Fortunately for my children, I didn't start getting migraines until maybe after the youngest was born or after we got N. And even then, it wasn't a big deal until S was about 6. But THEN---OUCH.

So I am trying to stay awake to pick up child number 3. I've taken to reading someone else's blog every few days and they are quite interesting. If it is a wild young person, it is pretty interesting. Many are students, and I always find that interesting. And the most boring has to be the moms. Dang. That would be ME.

But as I drove home from somewhere last night, I was thinking........who gets to have all of their dreams come true??? ME!!! And I laughed happy. (then I remembered that I am fat ---so, I suppose you cannot have everything because in spite of the shallow nature of my wish--I would like to be about 115 pounds, very healthy, and very fashionable ) But I can live with out those things.

Maybe next time I'll try making another poem or something. Mostly I just drivel on like this.
That's just me. BLAH BLAH BLAH and enjoying it all.

HE is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine! His power is at work within me!
He daily bears my burdens! He establishes the work of my hands! The Lord is my strength and my song!

No comments: