Sunday, March 26, 2006

Missing my baby



My honey is in Dallas while I wake up in a hotel by myself. Can I imagine doing this regularly? No. I called him, he says, "Can I stay in bed another 30 minutes?". I love him. He's funny. How funny he would ask. So of course I say yes.

But he DID need to get S's medicine to her. She cannot wake and play very good in the morning --and I thought maybe this would help---but she isn't going to get it for a while, I see. He really DOES have a terrible time getting up in the morning and really needs his coffee. I am not there to make it. He can do it without me, yes, but he does like it when I make it for him and bring him a tall hot cup of coffee made to his specifications and prepare a carafe for work (or a thermos).

I watched TV last night and even this morning. (animal planet and news). I do that at hotels occasionally since the TV is right there in front of you. I like to watch the news every now and then or when there is a disaster. I don't watch at home because the whole TV system is so convoluted. We have several different remotes and I do not know how to manage the TiVo system to get to the right channel. I do not bother to learn and I do not bother to watch. I might watch with someone else-- if it happens to capture my attention when I come speak to the watcher. When my youngest is watching, it is always something really crazy. She has off-beat interests, fo sho.

So I hope I do not do that regularly when I live alone. Today I will see if I can live alone. It does seem so far fetched, yet, I think about my mom doing that same thing when she was around 46. My sister lived by herself for a while before she was married and had children. But I have not lived by myself and it is hard to imagine. Seems so lonely! and what if I whine and whine at Steve?

I can't wait to get out there, though. I'll go a little early and drive around. It takes quite a while to get there.
I can't wait to see some places! It will be so fun and exciting---and scary! But I will be brave. You can't get anything by sitting around safe all the time--even then the house could catch on fire or the ceiling fall in on you, etc. Many dangerous accidents are in the home. But I think the idea of crime on the street is the scary one. There was a recent grad student that died--but she was leaving a bar in the wee hours and alone. That's not very wise. I don't go to bars and I plan not to go around alone. Mr can come once a month and take me for the big grocery shopping--I'll learn to do it that way when I've got someone to help me tote it all. Then I'll use the nearby (and costly) Whole Foods for fresh vegetables and fruits. And the drugstore for milk and coke. I saw several drugstores and such. It should be fine. I will decide this week what I think about having K come with me. It will so depend on the layout of the apartments. We will so need our own space! And the cost. I think the cost may be prohibitive. The 2 bedrooms are over 1500 and I cannot afford that. I need to stick at 1000-1200 and no more than 1300 total--God willing. But I am open to more expensive ones--but it will cost my family and I will be spending so much in clothes, travel, and books that I want to minimize the living expenses.

I'll try and take some pictures today.
Blessings to my friends and family. God is GOOD! I will go speak to Him......

No comments: