Thursday, March 23, 2006

Computer trouble

My computer is having trouble opening a second window. I tried to click on the link to stick a photo on this blog and the window won't even open. When I click on links in email, the window will not open. This is a job for Best Buy's Geek Squad!

Why do email writers want their little stories to keep going? Why do they say things such as: don't break this chain, send it to eight people within 10 minutes, if you delete this-you do not love Jesus (I delete it and tell Jesus I love Him and please bless the manipulative sinner who wrote that).....I mean, what do these people have at stake that they MUST demand that others continue forwarding their creations? It always amazes me.

Whenever I DO send out one of the cute ones---I delete the part about keeping it going. I sent out one about women ruling the world that I got from B, but I DID keep the "send it out to make a woman's day" or something like that...because it wasn't so demanding.
AND.....I am complaining about how it will say...."This one is really funny" or "you have to read this" or when you scroll for the punch line and it says, "you're going to love this" and stuff. That detracts from the humor and is so lame. So remember, you heard it here, and you know it is true, those are likely your feelings too (well that rhymes!)---the jokes are best without all the stuff stuck around them.

Ok. enough ranting.
L came home AGAIN last night and is missing class today. She has a counseling appt today at 5 here in the city. I have tried to get her to make counseling appts up there too. We are beginning to push her to get back into normal life and stop just dragging around. She's got to switch her sleep cycle. She's got to get a job in the summer or go to community college. She's saying she wants to go to community college near her university in the fall. That school has a program that applies to her main university and so she wants to live in an apartment there and go to community college to get her GPA back up.===as it is falling rapidly. We'll see. She's going to have to prove she can go to some classes or else she'll have to stay home.

Off to do some work.

No comments: