Monday, March 27, 2006

Nervous

MrTexasRivers is wonderful. He is very supportive.
I've found a place to rent, it just so happens to be on the very same street that my great-grandfather lived on in 1929. Did I already know he was in that city? He was at 1645 of the street and I will be at 1930. Tomorrow when I take the paperwork, I will see what is at that place and take a photo. This area had a very large population increase in 1920-1930 of wealthy folks building very big houses. My grandfather had just sold his company for almost 1 million, so I guess he had plenty to throw around!
I've chosen a very nice place because it seems so very safe. It has a heated garage, high speed internet, and a small washer/dryer combo in the apartment---a tremendous plus in my book. The bath is new (everything is new, it is only a couple of years old) and it all reminds me of my house at home---which is very comforting. I could get something less, but this is only about 3/4 mile from my building--door to door.
The location is not perfect---but every other option but the lower priced undergrad housing which is adorable but would be very roachy with only outdoor parking is farther away. I did like one about the same distance but very old and crumbly, but with very large closets--and about the same high price! No parking either. There is a good one on the other side of the little downtown, but I am going with this one. It has the heated garage, no snow build up.

There is so much to think of. So much to arrange. I must be brave! I can do it!

No comments: