Saturday, March 25, 2006

Not so bad here


Hi Y'all. I'm esconced in my northern suite.
I cannot talk to the Mr. because he is in Dallas with the vball team and he took them to see Medieval Knights. We were going to take S's varsity team, but there never turned out to be a good time to do it. So now she is taking this team. It is a much smaller group, so that saves some money and S gets her sweet 16 birthday all over again.
When I call him or he calls me, I cannot even hear what he is saying through the din coming through. And I cannot yell in my room (nor the halls) in order for him to hear me. So I will wait until he is back to his room, likely near midnight.

I got here and got my rental car, no problem. I got my hotel room no problem. And I drove 12+ miles to the college city away from the big hub of the big city.
There was still a little light in the sky when I got there. I could tell so much more after having visited once and scoured maps and websites since then. It did seem to be very safe. Very many people walking along in a relaxed manner and many alone. Since it is Saturday night, perhaps that explains an uncommon amount of couples. I don't usually see so many couples---but it could be that I miss my other half--and so I was attending to couples more than usual. Time will tell.

I got lost coming back. I was so glad I bought and brought a compass! Because I really did get turned around---and so I had to go AGAINST my intuition and go in the correct direction that the compass said. And so through many harrowing adventures, I found place that was familiar.
I am very close to my rental car return---even though I will probably not be checking out of the hotel and going straight there that day (tuesday) cause my flight doesn't leave until around 7 or 6:30===so I will take the car by around 5 or 4:30 (because the airport here is very very large unlike the simple one at home).

But I really do appreciate the direct flights here. And it is on American Airlines S80, which is big enough. There are five seats across--a set of two and a set of three. Mr. likes the ones with only three across, one and a set of two--because those do have more leg room. He doesn't mind the extra turbulence, but I DO! It was rough going up and down today, I'm not sure why. On my last flight here, it was a breeze--both ways. Excellent flying.

So I cannot email my friend Cindy! She is heading back to the southern state where we both lived before, but I cannot access my normal email. If you are reading this Cindy... I sure miss hearing from you and writing! It is so good to have you online most of the time. And I have your phone numbers ----but they are only for the place where YOU WILL NOT BE. So I cannot call. But you can call my cell phone if you have it with you--anytime after 10. And that goes for anyone! If you read my blog---feel free to call me between 10 and midnight on Saturday (now), Sunday and Monday night! It would be great to hear from you!

No comments: